Tali's Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soldiers Of Fortune (For Crim)

2 posters

Page 20 of 32 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26 ... 32  Next

Go down

Soldiers Of Fortune (For Crim) - Page 20 Empty Re: Soldiers Of Fortune (For Crim)

Post  Crimablanca Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:33 pm

Half heartedly lifting a hand to bat to bat Mitch's away, Jordan shrugged and leant against the cab door, stifling yet another yawn; the past few days she'd actually had a chance to somewhat relax. Sure she had to watch her back, but she didn't have any orders to follow, nor did she have a designated planner to follow; it was almost like freedom, and she actually enjoyed it. Had it not been for the obvious movement of the Aufstand, Jordan would have probably disappeared into the civillian life.

"All I need is the time, and I can sleep anywhere." She stated after a moment; the only real problem she had was when someone woke her up. That was always unpleasant for everyone. "You should know that 'Champagne and strawberries' aren't my style, anyway."

-

Pulling the covers back slightly and sliding into the bed, Rache almost instantly closed the gap between them, remembering their first calm interaction in which the teenager leeched off of him for warmth. His body gave off a natural heat, and it was all he could do to share it with the smaller male.

"I can't deny when someone's right, unless I have something better to do." He stated casually, scooting down in the bed slightly and folding his arms behind his head. "And I don't have anything better to do. Guess it's your lucky day, huh." Glancing at Alexis from the corner of his eye, the man let out a soft breath, sliding an arm down and around the teenager's shoulders, pulling him closer.

"Stop looking so cold. It makes me feel bad."
Crimablanca
Crimablanca

http://http:/xrampagex.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Soldiers Of Fortune (For Crim) - Page 20 Empty Re: Soldiers Of Fortune (For Crim)

Post  Tali Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:58 pm

" I have to ask..." Mitch said after a few moments of silence and his small grin fading into the darkness as he watched the lights fly by as they drove onwards to a small rest and a meeting planned before the fun of destroying things began. "You would have had to have started to return here the moment we left you behind in London... why did you come back?"

-

The smaller male nearly squeaked as he was grabbed and drawn closer to the warmth of the other, having no choice but to rest his head on Rache's shoulder. Squirming about a little in defiance, he soon very quickly gave that option up, letting out a deep breath. "I can't help looking cold, you know I'm not able to contain any heat. I used to wear thermal clothing underneath my other clothes on missions to places that had snow."

Which sucked for him, cause it dampened his agility a fair amount. "So stop feeling bad."
Tali
Tali
Admin

https://tali.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Crimablanca Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:07 pm

"I came back because I don't know any life but this one." Jordan stated matter-of-factly, folding her arms across her torso, almost hugging herself. "No matter how much I liked the idea of freedom, of never coming back to this and just disappearing, I don't know how to live the civilian life. I never had the privilege to learn." A frown was etched into her expression almost permanently these days, and questions like that just made it more prominent.

-

Rache chuckled slightly, the motion low in his chest. His hand squeezed the boy's shoulder as he squirmed, a small gesture for him to just relax, and he closed his eyes; he really was exhausted.

"It's because you have no meat on your bones-- no muscle or anything." He commented almost teasingly, though there was some honesty to his tone. "You're a stick, and it's surprising that you've survived this long on agility alone. Most people here actually bulk up a little, or rely on their enhanced strength." He paused a moment, letting out a content sigh. "But not you."
Crimablanca
Crimablanca

Back to top Go down

Post  Tali Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:24 am

It was almost distressing to see that frown on her face as she spoke, Mitch biting his lip until he turned his head around to face her. "You could have found out, when we left you. You could have just vanished to some little town and tried to live that kind of life..." He replied, gaze never faltering as he spoke. "So, may I ask what really brought you back here?"

-

" I have muscle!" Alexis protested, lifting his head a little off Rache's shoulder to pout at the older man. He'd rather the element of surprise rather then have people knew he was tough in a fight. "I like not having my agility hindered by meat on my bones. And I am able to lift myself up over things and such."

Huffing a little like a child, he lay his head back down, moving in a little more to the human heater he was laying next to.
Tali
Tali
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Crimablanca Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:22 pm

"Could have. Should have. Would have. Didn't." That was the only real response Jordan could give him. "And I don't think why, or why not, is important right now." Closing her eyes, almost like a silent gesture to finish the conversation, the Soldier angled herself away from Mitch slightly, her forehead against the window.

-

"Sure you do." The man quipped with a yawn, bringing his free arm down and around Alexis, pulling him closer into a warm embrace, his eyes closed and his chin rested upon the other's head. "You keep telling people that, and one day someone will believe you." A small smirk played Rache's lips as he tilted his face down more against the top of Alexis' head, settling in for a nice, accompanied rest.

"Now be quiet so I can sleep."
Crimablanca
Crimablanca

Back to top Go down

Post  Tali Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:39 pm

A few hours had passed since Alexis and Rache had fallen asleep, Alexis staying awake longer as Rache pretty much passed out the moment he had fully settled into the matress and under the covers, the teen listening to his heart beat steadily before he too followed in Rache's footsteps and closed his eyes, curling around the older man's body until they were both a little tangled up, a leg thrown over the other, just content in sleeping for as long as he was allowed.

-

The plan was set in motion, Mitch having gotten all at the hotel to sit in on the conference to flesh out a renegade plan, getting those with hearing to listen out for people at the doors or vents as they talked, all sixty-two of them agreeing on what to do and how to go about it.

Now they were spread out, concealed in the crowds, along the roads and hidden in the trees within a hundred kilometer radius of the base, armed with everything and anything they could get their hands on, ready to take on and forces in their way much like William Wallace and his band of Scottish rebels.

Mitch had long given up trying to work out Jordan and why she came back to them, sitting up in a tree high above a small rivulet, nearly convinced that he wasn't the reason now, sighing as he looked out over the sunrise with a pistol at the ready for any movement that wasn't his own.

Now all they had to do was either make small talk as they waited, or sit in silence.
Tali
Tali
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Crimablanca Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:25 pm

Watching and waiting in silence was how Jordan was used to doing things; it wasn't often that she worked with a partner, and in the few times she had, not a single word was spoken between them until the objective was accomplished. And even then, it was a quick confirmation of the job being done, and then nothing more.

The plan was a good one-- it was wreckless in any other scenario, but with their current situation it was bloody good for what they had to work with; Jordan even had to admit that without Mitch it wouldn't have come together like it did.

Sitting a few branches below the blond giant, facing the opposite direction with her back against the large tree trunk and a sterdy baseball bat firm in her grip, the Soldier had her eyes plastered on the banks of the rivulet. For those that would be in places with their backs exposed, it was partners, for those that were hidden with no chance of being snuck up on, they were left alone.

"No visuals so far." She commented quietly, casting her gaze elsewhere periodically.

--

As a leader that hardly slept, Rache wasn't usually disturbed unless an emergency cropped up, the sheer amount of hours that the man could put away with his eyes closed expected with the lack of chances he took to do just that. With his arms around Alexis, he looked almost at peace, despite the situation he was currently in as leader of the Aufstand.
Crimablanca
Crimablanca

Back to top Go down

Post  Tali Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:49 pm

"That can mean one of two things. Either good cause there's no one out there, or bad cause we can't see them..." Mitch replied, half bemused. He shuffled in his seat just a little as his left ass cheek got numb, scanning his side of the area before checking in with the other groups, getting words that there was no movement at all.

"Something doesn't feel right..." He said after another two hours of watching, checking in with the other groups once more before spotting a small rabbit in the rising sunlight race off in a rather big hurry. "We have movement," He whispered to jordan and the ear piece to the others around the base, waiting for the few mines they planted to be set off.

-

It was a scene from a runaway romance movie as Natal looked on over the two sleeping figures, shaking his head as he moved to tap Rache awake gently. He really didn't want to do it, but with the reports coming in, he feared he would need a second leader to help the groups.

"Sir, wake up. We need you.... for he is on his way here..."
Tali
Tali
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Crimablanca Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:50 pm

Jordan didn't make much of an effort to move, her eyes following the frantic beeline of the bunny, only for the small, fluffy bundle to be taken out with the rather large detonation of one of the mines they'd buried. Shifting on her branch, the Soldier leant forward in slight anticipation, eyeing off the cloud of dirt that had shroomed up from the ground.

"Think it was just the one?" Her answer was answered with the sudden, rapid gun fire aimed at their tree, the just barely visible shapes of fast moving figures moving through the cloud suggesting that it had been a group of three or four. How they'd managed to miss them was a question she'd rather not have answered.

--

Being a rather light sleeper when it came to slight disturbances, Rache almost instantly opened his eyes, body shifting to lay on his back and stare at Natal as he attempted to half sit up, only remembering Alexis' presence at the boy's weight on his arm.

"Huh?" He asked groggily, using his free hand to rub at his eyes before dragging the same hand through his mop of hair. "He--" The pause gave way to the penny dropping as the sleep swept it's way from her mind. Climbing from the bed almost instantly, after detangling himself from the teenager rather quickly, Rache was standing and pulling on a shirt without a second of hesitation.

"What's the situation exactly?" He asked, only pausing to half glance at Alexis before taking to the door; he didn't have time to stop and apologise if he was on the way.
Crimablanca
Crimablanca

Back to top Go down

Post  Tali Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:10 am

The bunny exploded in a rather amusing puff of fur and fine red mist, looking down at the figure in the branches below him before ducking out of the way of the splinters from the bullet holes in the trunk of the tree, deciding that the fastest way down was to just fall the five odd meters and land in the soft dirt below, doing just that and pressing himself against the tree, scanning once more for movement.

"Shit that was close... they have to be using speed..." Mitch muttered, keeping his fist ready in case of close combat. "Teams, keep alert, we have contacts in groups of four at the very least..."

-

Natal nearly raised an eyebrow at the half asked question of to whom he was referring to before it clicked to his leader, at the door already and holding it open for him as Rache got dressed and ready for the war room.

"We have movement about a hundred kilometers away, but I do believe that would be Mitch and his rebel gang. There have been reports of gunfire and explosions, but we are not moving out into those areas. All our main forces are concentrated on keeping the base safe, as we have jeeps with 50. calibre machine guns and reports of aircraft on their way here."

The teen bolted upright as he opened his eyes, seeing the look on Rache's face as the man moved for the door kind of said it all, forgiving the other for the rude awakening. "Am... I allowed to join you?" He asked.
Tali
Tali
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Crimablanca Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:44 pm

Dropping to the ground from the tree, bits of bark flying everywhere, Jordan made a rather quick decision, with the wooden bat firm in her grip; the only thing she was sure of from the group that had wandered into the minefield was that they had speed on their side; the real question was, what else did they have?

In any case, their job was to create havoc, and havoc was always easy when you didn't really care whether you lived or died. Disappearing into the thrall of thick dirt and smoke, the impact of Jordan's bat hard against something sterdy was the only thing, save for the shuffle of feet and the reload of the gun, that was really audible.

--

"Do we have any anti-tank rifles available?" Was Rache's first question. He almost didn't turn around and address Alexis' question, but something told him he couldn't just leave the kid hanging like that.

"It would be best if you didn't." He stated, half pausing to once again glance back at the boy. Though he didn't exactly say no, nor did he actually say yes, there was something in the tone of his voice that was torn between wanting the teenager to follow, and wanting him to just stay and rest up.

Turning his gaze back on Natal, the man continued out of the room.
"We need to be able to keep the civilians safe. It'd be ideal if no one had to go out there, but the civilians are ones that chose to stay out of the war. They're main priority until we can get them somewhere safe." He paused in his train of thought a moment, running a hand through his hair. "Use the underground waterways to get them out into the cities. It'll be a few day trip, but if you can get them to the closest populated area, it would be good."
Crimablanca
Crimablanca

Back to top Go down

Post  Tali Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:13 pm

Lifting his head to the sound of follow up explosions further into the forest that surrounded the power plant, Mitch knew that they weren't the only ones to engage the enemy, gunfire echoing about the area as it did right in front of him, keeping close to the tree that barely provided cover for his large frame.

Deciding to head out and help his fellow rebel, his eyes widened the moment he stepped out into the open, racing to grab Jordan and throw them both to the ground and into the foliage as the deafening sound of bullets tore through trees and leaves. "Minigun?! They brought a minigun into the forest?" He gasped, taking blind aim through the leaves to fire his pistol in the general direction of the spray. If he could get his hands on that, he'd be a tank.

-

Alexis sighed as the door was shut behind the retreating pair for the War room, hands in his lap as he decided his next course of action. He was sick of resting, even though he was put through the worse pain he had ever felt in the course of twelve hours. He now had a choice, make himself at least a little bit useful and go out in a blaze of guns and stupidly walk out of the base, stay and rest like he was told, or follow Rache.

He still wasn't sure on how Rache felt about him, the man didn't really express any thought about him since he tried to kill him, but he doubted he'd survive this attack to find out, so he climbed out of bed and searched for a set of clothes and footwear to change into.

Natal sighed also as he went through the list of artiliary they had at the second base. "Three anti air rifles. That is all we could get through to the power plant before anyone noticed what was going on. That should be okay for now, but rocket launchers should help us also," He stated, entering the war room and sitting down in his seat by the radar and his laptop.

"All the civilians are dispursed into the town you passed through before Lynch caught up with you. The power generated here powers that small town so if the power shuts off, they have an order to get out of that town as soon as possible using the cover of darkness."
Tali
Tali
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Crimablanca Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:53 am

There wasn't much of a space of time between the impact of the end of her baseball bat, and the impact of her back against the ground as Mitch practically tackled her to the ground. The blurting out of her annoyance was cut short as she rolled, covering her head with her arms at the rapid bullet fire that flew across the top of them, tearing into the tree that they had previously hidden in.

"They're obviously more prepared than we are-- are you seriously surprised by this?" Jordan questioned, rather flustered, her eyes snapping away from him in search of her mediocre weapon. The sound of footsteps drew closer, shouts and cries of pain in the distance signalling close range combat amongst the other groups. Scrambling forward to grab hold of the baseball bat, the girl rolled onto her back just in time to avoid the point of a rifle, the wooden extension of her arm connecting with the side of the Soldier's face.

"Well hurry up and go get it already!" She shouted, lifting herself from the ground and once again disappearing toward the group of assailants, the kicked up cloud of unsettled dirt illuminating every time a gun went off.

--

The door that had just been closed slowly swung open again, a familiar, meek face peering in through the space between the door and the frame, a fresh pile of folded clothing, with a pair of simple sneakers placed ontop, in his arms. A fresh bandaid was plastered to his cheek, but other than that he didn't seemed to have changed much between the few times they'd met.

"I-I have some clothes for you." Rory commented after a moment of silently standing in the doorway, Alexis' search for something to wear making him nervous; he didn't exactly know what else to do, but to announce his presence. "I.. Hope you'll stay, and rest. I can bring you something to eat, i-if you want." Never did he lift his gaze to the other's face. He was obviously far from Soldier material, but at some point must have been a well trained force of destruction; The Obedience mustn't have been the only thing that was broken in his rehabilitation.

-

"I swear you're a mind reader at times." Rache responded bluntly, the slightest hint of relief on his tone. "You've done well for the Aufstand, Natal." This was why he trusted him; Natal was smart, he was always at least one step ahead, and he knew what to do in tough situations. The man was sure that without this little runt by his side, he'd have lost it a long time ago.

"Are there enough weapons for everyone, though. If there aren't firearms, get them blades. Anything that can be used for the offensive." Running his hand through his hair absently, Rache stopped by Natal's desk, thought clear in his expression. "Lynch will die this time." He stated after a long moment. "He'll die. And we'll finally be able to free the rest of the Scriosta. Then this will be over."
Crimablanca
Crimablanca

Back to top Go down

Post  Tali Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:15 pm

Jordan didn't have to tell him twice as he rolled up and lunged forwards into the small group of oncoming assailants, firing the rounds left in his gun to wound or kill those close to the fallen mini-gun wielder, the bat in his comrade's hands giving him a clear path and enough time to tear the heavy gun from the corpse he created and wrap the belt of bullets around his shoulder. To complete the look of Rambo, he picked up a few more pistol clips and a knife.

"Right, time to cut the numbers down a little," He grinned, turning the gun on and letting loose a barrage of bullets into his enemies, making sure not to go close to Jordan.

-

Jerking up slightly from his search through the chest of drawers to the door and the meek face of Rory standing with a fresh set of clothes his size in his hands, listening to the stammering made the teen wonder what he was doing in the middle of this war. "Rory? What, what are you doing here? Shouldn't... you be out with the other civilians, not here in the middle of a war," He asked, walking over and gently pulling the other into the room, shutting the door with a sigh.

"If I stay here and rest, I won't live long enough to fight," He replied to the hoping of him staying in this room. "I know I should, but if I do... I won't feel right. I won't... " Alexis trailed off his sentence, smiling weakly as he took the clothes from Rory and placed them on the bed, stretching his naked top half before staring at the clothes.

Then he turned, walking over to Rory and taking up his hand in one of his own, raising his other hand to the band-aid on the other's cheek, thumbing it a little. "Who did this to you?"

-

Natal coughed a little as Rache commended him on his brain power, reading a file on his computer before turning his head to look over his shoulder at Rache stating the end of their oppressor was close at hand. "If you didn't get a hold of me when you did, I'd still be studying you and tactical warfare," Natal muttered quietly, bringing up a schematic of the building on his laptop.

"We have half of our troops outside with the majority of the live rounds and projectile weapons, until the building is breached to which we have narrow corridors and blades for those inside along with a pistol and a few clips each. Medievil, I agree, but it's the best option we have."
Tali
Tali
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Crimablanca Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:48 pm

There wasn't much else for Jordan to do in this situation; it was either get in the firing range to maybe pick off a few more, or stand back and watch Mitch have his fun. The latter seemed to be the obvious choice out of the two, and so the Soldier stood back, wiping the body of the bat off on her shirt. She'd at least have his back if anyone tried anything stupid from behind.

-

Giving a light shrug as he was pulled into the room, glancing back at the door as it clicked shut.
"I uh-- W-well, someone has to do the little things, right?" He replied, answering the question with another question. He was one of those people that were uncertain of the simplest things. He gave Alexis a concerned look as the other spoke, but that concern was rather quickly replaced with surprise and nerves at the sudden close proximity between the two.

His face flushed, mouth opening slightly as if he were going to say something, only to close again. With the clothing gone he had his hands free, but that didn't make anything easier; now Rory just didn't have anything to cling to, save for Alexis' hand.

"I-- It was just when we were moving base." He stammered quietly, his eyes darting up to Alexis', only to quickly snap back down. "It's n-nothing. But you should.. You should still stay he-here." He understood what Alexis had been saying, that he wouldn't live long enough to fight, but.. In his opinion, it was just better this way.

-

Rache smirked slightly, rubbing at the back of his neck.
"Do you even need me anymore?" He questioned, only half jokingly; it seemed that they were all fine without him. Everything he could think of that could aid the situation was already done.

Slumping down into one of the seats, he felt just like one of the Scriosta Soldiers again; almost completely useless outside of the battle field.
Crimablanca
Crimablanca

Back to top Go down

Post  Tali Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:26 pm

A somewhat happy laugh erupted from Mitch as he mowed down person after person, trying to view whatever was left over through the spray of splinters and smoke, stopping the gun for it to cool down for a second. "I haven't had this much fun in a long time!" He almost shouted to Jordan who was right near him, the sound of the gun having deafened him a little. "You want the pistol?"

-

Alexis frowned at the jet black haired male stammering out something along the lines of getting hurt during the move to the new base, but he knew scratches and the difference between them enough to know that somebody didn't like to treat Rory nicely. That pissed him off almost as much as mentioning Lynch. Narrowing his eyes, he huffed and removed his hand from Rory's cheek, turning back to the clothes on the bed.

"All I need is a name, and then I will rest after whoever did it is dealt with," Alexis replied, picking up the shirt and playing with the hem of it before setting it down and picking up the trousers, sliding out of the thin ones he had slept in to stand in his underwear for a moment. Glancing over his shoulder, the teen shook his head before sliding a leg into the light fabric of the pants.

-

Natal laughed a little at Rache's half joke, opening his mouth to answer as an email popped up on his laptop inbox, eyebrows furrowing before he gasped out in surprise. "Sir, I may have a little job for you if you want to do something?"
Tali
Tali
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Crimablanca Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:42 pm

Wiping her hands on the shirt, furthering the smear of blood that stained the front of her, Jordan shook her head.
"I'm pretty much set with this bastard." She replied, gesturing with the bat. "Besides, that thing's ammo isn't going to last long the way you're firing it off." Jordan gave him a short smile, brought on by the sheer amount of joy plastered across his features. It was good to see.

-

"But it-- It really.." Rory fidgeted with his fingers, staring at his feet. There wasn't much point arguing this fact; he was a bad liar, and he'd already failed to be convincing. Trying to tell Alexis otherwise now would just be pitiful.
"What if.. H-he's not on base. He's fighting." He managed to say after a long moment of pause. Glancing up at Alexis' back, he shifted from foot to foot, moving back toward the door with a half step.

"A-Are you hungry?" He questioned, turning around to open the door. It was likely that if he stayed in the room any longer without anything to do that he'd say something stupid.

-

Rache's eyes instantly honed in on the laptop screen, interest piqed.
"Yeah, anything-- as long as I don't have to sit here and do nothing." He agreed, trying to scan over the email from where he sat. He always got fidgety when he had nothing to do, and when a war was practically at their door it was even harder to handle.
Crimablanca
Crimablanca

Back to top Go down

Post  Tali Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:33 am

"Oh I don't think anyone else is going to have any more ammo laying around out here," Mitch said, lowering his voice a little as his pistol went to work instead of the roar of the minigun, shooting down whoever he missed in the initial attack. " Come on though, we should go out further and see who else we can find."

-

"If he's on base, the he will wish he wasn't," Alexis huffed in reply, un able to work up the effort to put the fresh shirt on over his skin, just standing there in his clean trousers as he thought. Maybe he shouldn't get into the affairs of others right now, but if he wasn't allowed to fight Scriosta now, then he was going to become stir crazy by the end of the day, and Rory was a kind guy who didn't deserve to be treated like shit.

Noting the distance Rory now wanted to put between them, the lanky teen nodded. "Food would be good, thank you. But when you come back, I would like a name, please," He asked, turning and sitting on the bed, lacing his finger together and staring at the floor.

-

Pointing to his screen, Natal pressed a thin finger to the email and the word 'Ghost', frowning a little before scrolling down to a small list of names. "Think you can find them and send them out on a mission on their own? It's really important we use these people to help win this," He said aloud, making sure that people could hear him just in case there was one or two names missed from the list.

Now he understood the Ghost term, and it was exactly like the people he used to get information from Scriosta, which made him more worried about how clean the info he just got was.
Tali
Tali
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Crimablanca Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:01 pm

Jordan shifted, tapping the end of the bat on her shoe before taking a few steps forward.
"You really think there's anyone left after that enslaught?" She questioned, sounding almost bored with the whole situation. She still didn't like working in teams, even if it was with Mitch; her opinions and tactics always clashed with whoever else she was with, and it didn't seem like the blonde giant was going to be any different.

-

Rory paused at the door, only long enough for it to be a hesitation, before stepping out through the door, closing it quietly behind him. He wasn't one of the most normal Soldier's around, but he was definitely one of the nicer once-- it was a surpise to almost everyone that he hadn't decided to join the civilians, but there was a sort of silent determination behind his eyes. It could almost be considered scary, like a wolf in sheeps clothing.

It seemed, however, that he was at least a few steps ahead of himself, a cart of food already sitting outside the room; he'd assumed that Alexis would be hungry-- but he'd also assumed that Rache would still be present, so the amount of food was fit for at least two people. Sliding a tray from the end out, Rory began to collect different bowls and plates of particular foods. Some fruit, bread, a pot of tea. If this didn't please Alexis, there was a furthered range of selection remaining on the cart.

-

Rache eyed the screen, standing up and looming over Natal from behind, his gaze locked on the list of names.
"I can do it." His tone was uncertain as he scanned the list, a few of the names ringing familiar to him. "Who'd you get this from?" He asked after a moment of pause; he was suspicious, and at a time like this it was completely justified. It was hard to trust outside sources; for all anyone knew, they could have easily been compromised.
Crimablanca
Crimablanca

Back to top Go down

Post  Tali Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:44 pm

"Who knows what is left after that, but we have a clear line of sight at least," He replied, nodding to the fallen trees broken apart by the spray of metal he just unleashed on the poor forest cover. "You are quite welcome to go and find out who's still alive and laying on the ground while I cover you. Your swing needs practice," He joked.

-

The door shut once more, leaving Alexis alone in the now seemingly large room. His stomach growled in protest to the horrible treatment it had received since becoming part of the rebel cause, and pretty sure it had shrunk to the point of having a bowl of something small and that being him done for the rest of the day. Maybe he should try to stuff himself full when Rory got back? Then he'd just want to sleep, and sleeping is the last thing he wanted to do.

Sighing and flopping backwards onto the mattress, he traced a hand over the small scars on his body, including the huge one on his shoulder, shuddering slightly before staring at the ceiling.

-

"One of our own, so it's trustworthy," Natal answered, translating to 'I have no clue, but it's all we have at the moment, so be careful'. He couldn't leave the room now that they were so close to being bombed, getting calls of jeeps getting closer, people getting ready to fire and awaiting fresh orders on a whim. "We do need this done now."
Tali
Tali
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Crimablanca Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:38 pm

Jordan glanced at Mitch over her shoulder, lifting a brow at his comment.
"At least my aim isn't half as bad as yours." She quipped, giving him a slight smirk as she continued forward, tapping the corpses with the tip of her shoe as she went passed them, just checking that they weren't about to jump up and attack at any random moment.

"Do you think the others are still alive?" The Soldier called over her shoulder, swinging the bat absently at her side as she walked, eyes scouring the grass for anything of use to them, or any signs of movement.

-

Only a few moments passed before Rory returned to the room, holding a tray of rather good looking food. He allowed the door to click shut behind him before silently moving to the bed side, unsure if Alexis was asleep or not. Timidly, he shifted aside a few items on the bed-side table, making room for the tray and placing it down, shifting a few items to make the set out more appealing, to make everything neat and in-line with one another.

He gave Alexis a quick glance over, checking his face, only to look away again, a slight flush coming to his cheeks. He wasn't often treated nice, but to have someone want to defend him like Alexis seemed to was a completely different feeling.

-

"Fine. Is there anything else I need to know?" He questioned, finally stepping back from Natal's shoulder and turning for the door. He could feel eyes on him, which was unsettling, but if this 'needed' to be done, then he'd ignore it for now.
Crimablanca
Crimablanca

Back to top Go down

Post  Tali Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:57 pm

Clicking his tounge at the half assed remark in return to his banter, Mitch turned his head to listen to the fire of weapons in the distance. "I'm sure they are, I think we've just come across the sentries and the scouts of the group, and the main force is yet to come," He replied, looking up at the sky before turning on his head set to listen to his fellow rebels fight further away.

"Hey, You think we could blow a hole in the road that leads to the power plant before anything turns up?" He asked, picking up a few small charges of explosives from one guy. "I mean, crater sized, even meteor impact size?"

-

Rory returned in half a minute, which was odd when Alexis thought the raven haired guy would be longer, scratching his scar a little more before sitting up, smiling at the plate of food before shuffling over to the bed side table. " Oh wow, fresh fruit! Thanks!" He said, placing a spoonful into his mouth, chewing gratefully.

"Do you have a name for me? The name of who did that to you?"

-

"I'm on channel three," Natal said, tapping the side of his head to the earphone stuck in his earlobe. "I'll stay in touch as you move, and let you know if anything changes to the list."
Tali
Tali
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Crimablanca Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:23 pm

Crouching down to inspect a rather pretty looking necklace that hung around one of the deceased Soldier's necks, Jordan gave a light shrug to Mitch's question.

"If we could blow a hole in the road at all, take out a few at the same time, that would be ideal. Think there's enough TNT?" Snapping the chain and holding the pendant in her palm, the Soldier stood from the body, kicking it aside as she continued on her scouring, keeping herself guarded against the slightest movement.

"Though even a little would probably do enough damage to hold them up for a little while."

-

"It wasn't anyone." Rory stated rather defensively, his eyes on the ground and not even a slight tremor to his tone. "Just.. Just eat your food, okay?" He paused for a moment, fiddling with his fingers, almost as if he felt bad for that little outburst. "P-please." Chewing his bottom lip, he almost looked like a child that was in trouble or being scolded.

"I j-just don't want any trouble." He was speaking in hushed tones now, as if trying to hide, or avoid being shouted at.

-

Giving Natal a half nod, Rache moved out of the war room, closing the door behind him before making his way toward his room, wanting to make sure Alexis was still there before going off to do anything.
Crimablanca
Crimablanca

Back to top Go down

Post  Tali Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:14 pm

"We have a few minutes to get to the road, if we are gonna do this," Mitch said, picking up as many grenades as he could carry with the mini gun in tow. He liked the idea of Explosions to follow up on the happy gun times he just had. Maybe he could make a jeep blow up with the rapid fire?

All he knew is that he was keen to find out. "Well, let's get to it."

-

The brunet was taken aback by the sudden force behind Rory's words, swallowing the mouthful he was chewing on before taking another bite. This person fidgeting with his fingers, Alexis could now see hurting people in a past life. Heck, it nearly made him think that those scratches were self defence from someone else... nah, there is no way that Rory could do that now. He just didn't have it in him.

"Okay, but I still think whoever it is should be punished for hurting you," Alexis said, returning to his meal.

-

Slumping back in his chair, Natal watched red dots slowly move across his screen towards the big blue dot that was their marker. He gave them twenty to forty minutes before shit hit the fan.
Tali
Tali
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Crimablanca Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:41 pm

Glancing off toward Mitch, Jordan gave him a blank, calculating look before even considering moving. He seemed too happy about all of this, in all honesty; though, who was she to judge? Trailing after him absently, wooden bat in tow, a mediocre weapon in comparison to his firearms, the soldier kept her eyes peeled, scanning the area surrounding them constantly. She would be much quick to react, especially with the blondes pistol in arms reach at his side. She had easy access to it, even after rejecting his offer of the weapon.

"So how do you plan on going about this then?" She questioned after a moment's silence, eyes still constantly surveying their surroundings. "Do we blow it up as they're passing, or before hand?"

-

"You don't know what happened." Rory stated, the force behind his voice gone, the quiet tone returning to his words. "So how could you think that?" A frown managed to etch it's way into his features, almost a permanent expression in these past few moments. It was only when the door opened to Rache's questioning eyes that the Soldier's expression faded, the jittery nervousness back in play as he stepped back against the wall.

"Just making sure you're still here." The man stated toward Alexis, his eyes skirting between the two. Rory looked more pent up than usual, but Alexis seemed to be happily enjoying fresh fruit, making the atmosphere difficult to read.

-

In the war room, the constant milling around of Soldier's and quiet chatter in the background almost made it seem like a break room more than anything else, the calm of the atmosphere misplaced in the situation at hand. A meek looking Soldier with large glasses approached Natal from the far side of the room, a cup of steaming coffee in hand and a clipboard of information tucked under her arm. Placing the mug on the desk beside him, she then followed through with offering the clipboard to him, her gaze mostly hidden by the reflection of the mousey glasses.

"A full report on the civilians, sir. They're all being integrated as requested, and no suspicion has arisen from the movement." Despite her appearance, her attitude and the way she spoke was definitely notable as Soldier material.

-

The movements of the Scriosta were fast, the vast majority of them traveling by land in the convoy of jeeps and armoured trucks, the few packs of Soldier's on foot being the scouting teams, and those that were left to trail behind as back up. Choppers were blazing through the skies, however making sure to keep behind the line of vehicles that traveled the ground, the mere idea of being shot down before any damage could be done an unacceptable possibility.

What was more, was that Lynch himself travelled at the back of the army, several armoured trucks surrounding his sleek black limousine. He was one of those people that didn't like to travel without being noticed.
Crimablanca
Crimablanca

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 32 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26 ... 32  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum